Sunday 22 August 2010

I moved my compost heap today - I've got 20 bags of mostly compost, intermixed with lots of twigs and sprouted acorns - roots galore! While moving a bag I saw this little fella - a Common Lizard, apparently. It's a young one as it was 4cm nose to tail. So I took a few pics and watched him wander off back amongst the bags I'd done earlier.
I just wish I had a good quality macro lens and a proper flash. These are taken with my Canon Ixus in Macro mode with the flash off. The flash seems to produce an image that looks un-natural to me. And I don't have photoshop.....





Now this chap appeared after I dumped a wheelbarrow load of compost onto a raised bed. So they must have been living deep in the compost heap. Lot's of worms, so I guess that makes sense. Unless I'm very much mistaken, it's a Common Toad. But this chap's a definate brown colour. The previous one was much greener.

So I've got two Toads!!


I'm trying to figure out where they've come from and what I need to do to keep them. There's a hedgehog as well, as I've definately seen some hedgehog poo.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment